Candidates should have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express, StrongLoop, etc depending on your technology stack.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc depending on your technology stack.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Stylus, Less, etc depending on your technology stack.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.