Magento is an eCommerce platform built on open source technology. With its flexible shopping cart system, Magento has long been a heavy-hitter among enterprise brands selling online because it provides them total control of the look, feels, and functionality of their online stores.
Magento was first released in 2007. In 2011, the company was acquired by eBay and then became an independent company again in 2015. Than in May 2018, Magento was acquire by Adobe from eBay. In March of 2019, Adobe announced their new Adobe Commerce Cloud which is essentially a fully managed cloud-based version of Magento that integrates with other Adobe tools.
Magento is undeniably flexible and scalable but its long list of features comes at a cost. To unlock its potential, you will need a skilled developer/designer (or team of developers) to set up, maintain, and update your store.
Features of Magento
For businesses and individuals who want to develop a long-term professional eCommerce site, you should think of Magento as a priority. Magento is the best open-source to build an online store. But the vital thing is it’s very professional and free. You just need to understand a little English and technology and you can build yourself a “monumental” site. Some basic features of Magento are as follows:
- Product management – with many images, optional comment reviews products, a favourites list, inventory.
- Category management – easy to find and select products by category
- Inventory management – management of products left in stock, import, export
- Client account – account status, transaction history, preferred catalogue, address, shopping cart
- Customer service – enhance the features, customer contact form; the comprehensive follow-up, email service.
- Order Management
- Payments – Many payment methods such as credit card, PayPal, Authorize.net, Google Checkout, support for external payment modules like CyberSource, ePay, eWAY, and more.
- Search technology – fast, friendly, support search on Google SiteMap
- International support – multi-lingual and monetary
- Promotional and marketing tools – coupons, promotions, and more.
- Analyze & report – integrate with the Google Analytics service and provide multiple reports.
Why use Magento?
Open source – Highly customizable
Magento not only offers flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions but also gives you the flexibility to customize. Also, it provides you with the possibility to extend your platform to create unique and differentiated branded experiences. This platform can adapt well to change and has the potential to be modify to meet the requirements of shop owners.
Freedom to choose the hosting services
With Magento, eCommerce retailers can freely select the hosted platform of their choice without sticking with one hosting anymore. This provides great freedom for all online shopping businesses to have their files and be selective with different hosting companies.
Magento is good for keeping the standards of mobile web design. Both the free community edition and the enterprise version of Magento incorporate the HTML5 platform to maximize the mobile shopping experience. Consequently, your eCommerce store will always be optimize. Magento Mobile will establish a fulfilling brand experience for consumers using their smartphones and mobile devices to connect anytime and anywhere.
Easy multi-platform integration
You can easily integrate third-party add-ons and modules to your Magento store. This provider allows any modification without any restriction. The platform also allows shop owners to add Google Analytics and other such third-party integrations (like eBay, Paypal, Mail Chimp, etc.) to their site to aid in data analysis. Your job is just to find out the best gadgets and “plug” in your store right away!
Referring to page loading time, Magento is again the winner! Magento has made a mission to make the fastest eCommerce stores in the world and it’s known for its power to produce a fast loading web page as well. In many cases, the loss from the slow loading page can be seen immediately, which leads to unintended consequences.
In regards to SEO, Magento is up to date with the latest SEO ranking factors. It provides great URL structure and meta-implementation options required for SEO. Magento also includes analytics for tracking web visitors. This is one of the most prominent features of Magento.